As part of our all-encompassing HealthyLife Services® program, Chester Village West retirement community offers you a full range of senior health care services included in your monthly fee.
Resident Health Services
- Your Health Care Navigator, a full-time registered nurse, assists and coordinates all health-related services and provides assistance with daily tasks
- Assistance in dealing with life changes
- Liaison with home health agency for provision of home health services
- 24-hour emergency response by a licensed health care professional
- Collaboration with emergency personnel during 911 response
- Coordination of discharge planning following a hospitalization
- Assistance in arranging for in-home private companion or nursing care
- Assistance in coordinating medical appointments including pre-planned hospitalization or surgery
- Blood pressure checks
- Assistance in obtaining physician-ordered physical, occupational, and speech therapy services as well as audiology, podiatry, and other medical services
The Fee-for-Service Advantage
Because Chester Village West is a fee-for-service community, you pay for health services only if you use those services. This plan has significantly lower fees compared to Life Care communities — where you pay up-front for care whether you use that care or not — usually in the form of higher entrance fees and monthly fees.
Independent Living with a Whole Person View of Health
In our unique approach to meeting your wellness needs, health services truly begin with our forward-thinking preventative program while you are living independently. HealthyLife® Services takes a whole person view of your health by focusing on all 8 Dimensions of Wellness, helping to ensure you stay healthy and independent longer so you can enjoy your time, friends, and active lifestyle at Chester Village West. The 8 Dimensions include health services as well as physical, emotional, spiritual, vocational, social, and intellectual wellness. By enhancing one dimension, you often enhance others.
Assisted Living Services: The Best Care, Around the Clock
Utilizing our on-site Home Health Care provider, Chester Village West can provide the assisted living care you need. With certified health professionals on staff 24 hours a day, our team of carefully selected, and compassionate health services staff is committed to providing our residents with the highest level of care.
Our unique approach to resident care provides customized care in a non-clinical setting. We respect each resident’s personal preferences, cater to each individual’s needs, and provide residents with the perfect blend of comfort, security, and care. Residents receive care in the comfort, convenience, and privacy of their residence. Couples don’t need to worry about being able to stay together if one of them needs assistance with activities of daily living. Whether one or both spouses need care, residents can stay at home and receive the care they need.
As residents age in place, they can and often do maintain a high level of independence, but help is there when needed.
Some personal care and supportive services provided for a nominal fee include:
- Bathing/dressing assistance
- Walking and transferring
- Medication management/administration
- Toileting needs
- Personal hygiene
- Incontinence care
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Escort to doctor visit
- Assistance with mail
- Pet and plant care